Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About our company: Bonto (https://www.bonto.africa/) is a Forex platform. We are currently applying for our Money Remittance Provider licence from the Central Bank of Kenya.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to lead the operational strategy and execution of our growing tech startup in Nairobi, Kenya. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
As the COO, you will be responsible for establishing and managing the operational processes and structures of the company, including project management, compliance, and business development. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar operations leadership role or a management consulting role, ideally in the financial sector, and will have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment. This is a key officer role of Bonto. Should you be successful, your profile will need to be screened and approved by the Central Bank of Kenya (more details below).
- Develop and implement operational strategies, plans and procedures to support the company's growth and expansion
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment with the company's objectives and priorities
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, vendors, and partners
- Lead project management processes, including project planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting
- Oversee compliance with regulatory requirements and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Manage the budget and financial performance of the operations function
- Build and lead a high-performing team of operations professionals
- Kenyan citizenship
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar operations leadership role or a management consulting role, ideally in the financial sector
- Strong project management skills and experience with project management tools
- Experience in business development and strategic planning
- Proven track record of driving operational efficiencies and process improvements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Clean criminal and financial record
Screening by the Central Bank of Kenya
As a key officer of Bonto, your profile will need to be screened and approved by the Central Bank of Kenya. The Central Bank of Kenya will check that:
- You are relevant for the role, based on your resume, academic and professional certificates, as well as three independent referees
- You have a clean financial record (credit report, tax compliance certificate, never part of a liquidated financial institution, etc.)
- You have a clean criminal record (police clearance certificate, profile checked by the DCI, etc.)
Should the application be successful, we would prepare all the relevant documentation for this screening, with your input.
Working Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00-18:00. Hours may be flexible - you may be required to work outside standard working hours to achieve the greatest success and meet customer demands (e.g., participate in networking event with prospective clients)
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit for you and your skill set, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, including your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
The recruitment process takes place in 3 steps:
- An online form to fill in
- An interview with our CEO
- A job offer!
- Completion of the online form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete it. Please be aware that you will have to complete it at once, as you will be unable to return to it later.
- The screening process with the Central Bank of Kenya would only start after you have received and accepted the job offer.
Here is the link to apply: https://bonto-limited.breezy.hr/p/d49c3635e52e-chief-operating-officer-coo