About the Project:
The Kenyan and German governments have formed a climate and development partnership which covers areas such as expanding energy sources, electrical mobility projects and the green hydrogen economy. As part of this bilateral partnership, Siemens Stiftung will run a social venture support program for e-mobility solutions in Kenya, co-funded by a German donor. The program will identify and support early-stage social enterprises working in the e-mobility sector in their innovation and growth journeys. The program will support the social enterprises in tackling a pivotal technological or market challenge that their funding situation may otherwise not allow them to tackle.
With support from the e-mobility team of Siemens Stiftung based in Munich (Germany), the Project Manager E-Mobility & Social Entrepreneurship is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and reporting on all activities of the project.
Together with a Project Officer (based in Nairobi) and the Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility team (based in Munich, Germany) you will ensure that the project goals are reached and its implementation is a success for the participating social enterprises and the larger ecosystem.
This includes the following main responsibilities and deliverables:
- Develop detailed work plan in close collaboration with HQ team.
- Monitoring of project progress according to workplan and log frame, including data collection for project indicators. Adapt logframe and workplan where needed in close cooperation with donor and HQ.
- Reporting to Siemens Stiftung in Munich, Germany, and development of interim donor reports. This includes drafting activity and narrative reports, and monthly budget tracking. Further documentation such as photos or participants lists are required depending on the activities.
- Attend weekly update sessions with the HQ team. Maintain close communication with relevant program manager in HQ through remote communication.
- Engage the HQ based project manager and controller on project spending and ensure payment compliance as per agreements.
- Project Coordination with the donor and other relevant stakeholders in Kenya;
- Managing the Nairobi-based ProjectOfficer
Oversee E-Mobility Social Enterprise Research & Development Projects
- Implementation of two Startup and Social Enterprise funding calls in the e-mobility sector; This entails: Development and execution of outreach promotional activities, developing the application documents and coordinating the selection of companies together with external experts (jury); ensuring a fair and objective selection process and supporting due diligence and decision making together with the HQ team.
- Refine the Research & Development needs and projects together with the selected companies.
- Search, identify and contract relevant technical consultants and R&D experts for each project.
- Check-ins with social enterprises to make sure implementation of the project conforms to the timeframes, scope and objectives.
- Coordinate the development of studies and reports on project learnings based on the data generated through the social enterprise R&D projects
- Participating companies will deliver data and content
- Engage with HQ team to select the projects to be highlighted and conceptualize the report content
- Consultant responsibility entails compiling and drafting the reports
- Coordinate any graphic design or editing support as needed with the HQ communication team
- Assisting in dissemination of insights from studies and reports, e.g. through roundtables, webinar series “Spotlight on... E-Mobility", social media in cooperation with the HQ communication team; This task is shared between HQ and project consultant.
Coordinate Social Business Growth & Capacity Development initiatives for the wider e-Mobility community
- Engage enterprises in the wider e-Mobility space to ensure they’re aware of the program, its activities and offers.
- Organizing e-mobility events for early and later stage companies to exchange with important stakeholders from the start-up scene, the e-mobility sector, and related areas groups to help the program companies to get potential additional funding and important business contacts.
- Organize trainings on Carbon Credit and other sector relevant topics in cohort format.
- Coordinate due diligence of potential partners and conduct needs analysis of social enterprises applying for capacity development initiatives (using Siemens Stiftung needs assessment tool or the Consultant’s tool).
- Identification, contracting and management of local and international trainers, consultants, coaches, experts and partners on business and entrepreneurship issues tailored to the needs and realities of the organizations in the program.