GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Development.
Given our continuing growth and development and the critically important work we are doing for our partners and clients, GeoPoll is looking for a Senior Network Engineer who will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Technical Operations.
About the position
This role will report to the Sr. Manager Technical Operation. Applications are being solicited from well-qualified candidates local to the Kenyan market for a permanent placement. Interested parties are invited to submit their resumes for consideration for the position described below.
- Design, implement and maintain network infrastructure and systems.
- Configure and maintain IPsec, OpenVPN and SSTP VPNs, Firewalls, load balancers and other security protocols.
- Manage Windows and Linux administration, including domain administration and security.
- Identify and troubleshoot network issues and provide timely solutions.
- Conduct regular system audits to ensure optimal performance and security.
- Deploy and maintain monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, checkmk, and SNMP.
- Manage and maintain virtualization environments using Hyper-V and VMWare, ensuring optimal performance and stability.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and implement network improvements and upgrades.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies to improve our network systems.
- Participate in on-call rotation for off-hour support and incident response.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or suitable experience in the related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Network Engineer or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of IPsec VPNs, Firewalls, Load balancers Windows Administration, and Linux Administration
- In-depth understanding of network protocols and security systems
- Expertise in virtualization platforms such as Hyper-V and VMware.
- Expertise in network security, intrusion detection and prevention systems, vulnerability scanning as well as penetration testing.
- Experience setting up and maintaining webservers such as Microsoft IIS, Apache/Nginx
- Experience preferred (not required) in setting up and maintaining Asterisk, FreePBX and IVR systems.
- Experience preferred (not required) in setting up messaging using SMPP and ParlayX
- Familiarity in setting up and maintaining messaging queueing systems using RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ
- Experience running systems in production.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL
- Shell scripting and automation (bash, powershell, python, nodejs)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Relevant certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, and CISSP are a plus.
Equal employment opportunity statement
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications and merit.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter (as a single file with your name as the file name) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title: Sr. Network Engineer in the subject line.
This position is open until filled.