HelaPay is a digital payment solutions provider that enables users to use digital payment/cashless methods to make or receive payments. The company has a growing team of highly experienced developers doing various projects. Our goal is to build smart and simple business tools and financial products that enable businesses to operate successfully and efficiently.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Python / Django developer for our distributed development team to help us provide a high-quality Web software development service using Python and Django, producing custom-built solutions for different industries. Working in a remote distributed team together with other developers, team leads and project coordinators, you’ll be a key part of delivering new features and executing roadmaps of our projects. As a rapidly growing company, the ideal candidate for this role is ambitious and motivated. We’re looking for fast learners with the ability to think strategically and creatively, especially those who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We like people who are flexible and can enthusiastically respond to new tasks and challenges. In this role you’ll be developing code for both Backend and Frontend using Test-Driven Development approach, working with modern web technologies, and following a strong established development process. In this Full-Stack position the backend to frontend ratio is approximately 35% / 65% on the ongoing projects. The backend is mostly about custom business logic written in models exposed via API using DRF. The frontend is about developing new features for the UI with Angular and ReactJS.
• Implement technical tasks and features with a high standard of code quality using TDD approach
• Participate constructively in code reviews
• Estimate and plan tasks
• Brainstorm and discuss ideas and solutions with other team members
• Contribute to technical decision making
• Attend planned meetings, calls, demos
• Adhere to, and help refine company standards and processes
• Communicate with both the team and our customers
• Show initiative and take responsibility in everything you do
• At least 2 years of experience developing high-level complex web applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Must have a good understanding of python.
• Knowledge of software development best practices
• Web applications architecture (Nginx, uWSGI, Celery, MySQL / PostgreSQL, Memcache, Redis)
• JS / HTML5 / CSS3 / SCSS / LESS
• Full understanding of asynchronous development on both Frontend and Backend
• RESTful API architecture and DRF
• Test-Driven Development (TDD)
• MySQL / PostgreSQL and understanding of ORM
• Confidence in Git and UNIX / GNU Linux basic commands
• Familiarity with Docker and docker-compose
• Strong analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Experience in API integrations and development
• A good understanding of Security Principles regarding web applications.
• A good understanding of Web User Interface Design (UI) is a strong advantage.
• A strong desire to learn and figure out how to make a web application more user-friendly and functional.
• A wiliness to learn and work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
• A team player is a must.
• Research, plan and develop new features on our web applications and systems
• Help to figure out how to make our web applications more functional.
• Participate in code reviews, automated and functional testing, and other aspects of our quality assurance process.
Would be nice to have
• Troubleshooter set of mind.
• Experience in data visualization with charts using JS libraries (D3.js / Echarts)
• Experience in other frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Backbone, Elm, etc)
• UI / UX design skills is a big plus
• Code profiling and optimization skills (Python / JS / SQL)
• Basic DevOps experience, Docker / docker-compose, Kubernetes
• Familiarity with serverless computing and micro-services architecture
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org