Based in Nairobi – Kenya
Salary – 25,000 – 30,000 NET Kshs.
A Technical Support Engineer will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, monitor, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner. You will be responsible for working with different systems and software and follow standard procedures to escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved any technical issue
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Perform monitoring and configuration tasks timely
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Maintain a positive/good relationship with clients
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- About 1 year experience in system engineering and IT support.
- Proven working experience in IT Service desk, customer service, enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer.
- Must have skills in monitoring tools configuration and Management
- Must possess skills and knowledge in monitoring tools configuration e.g. Datadog/Prometheus/Zabbix/Solarwinds etc
- Knowledge in Cloud and micro- services support will be an added advantage
- Must have knowledge of shell scripting, Unix and SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills