benshi.ai's mission is to improve the health of individuals and populations in resource-poor countries through advanced AI software.
We seek data engineers to join our engineering team. We are interested in individuals with a strong software developer background, and who are knowledgeable about building scalable and robust architecture, tools, data products, and critical data pipelines that are optimized for data science applications. You will have the rare opportunity of building resilient and scalable machine learning products from scratch, together with other talented engineers, to boost global health via cutting-edge ML algorithms.
If you are passionate about building robust scalable data systems, and are excited about using your skills to improve the world, we want to meet you!
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance, scalable platform (batch and/or streaming) to drive faster analytics and support the operations of the machine learning models in production.
- Working with data scientists to create and improve data science workflows, i.e. machine learning lifecycle management.
- Ability to design large-scale, complex applications and frameworks with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability.
- Partner with analytic consumers and data scientists to build and improve new/existing constructs and solve data engineering problems @ scale.
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields; or equivalent technical proficiency
- Solid coding skills in at least two of the following languages: Go, Java, Scala, C/C++, Python
- 6+ years of experience in software and/or data engineering
- 3+ years of Spark development
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive etc…).
- Experience on Kubernetes, Docker preferred
- Experience with cloud services (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Good knowledge of Data formats (Parquet, ORC etc.) and consensus management systems
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Experience building early stage robust and scalable products
- Attention to detail and effective verbal/written communication skills. Teamwork essential.
How to Apply
Please send your CV/Resume and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application process involves the following steps:
- Reception of CV at email@example.com
- CV/Resume review
- Technical assessment (this will be in form of a test)
- Technical assessment review
- Interview(s) (depending on the outcome of the technical assessment)