Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
InterIntel Technologies is an IT company based in Nairobi with an array of services ranging from software development, payment aggregations on mobile, web and applications, loyalty programs, premium rate service provision(IVR, SMS, USSD) among others.
Our forte is around payment and financial systems, this covers different faucets from mobile channels (Mobile Apps, SMS, and USSD), mobile money payments (MPESA, Airtel Money), micro-finance/micro-lending institutions, remittance etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform technical aspects of big data development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments.
- Plan and deliver highly scalable distributed big data systems, using different open source technologies
- Develop machine learning algorithms and libraries for problem solving and AI operations.
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various software applications.
- Understand and implement data engineering best practices
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- MUST have working knowledge of Python & SQL
- Basic working knowledge of big data tools (Spark,pandas,NoSQL DB e.g. Cassandra) would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of data streaming services such as Kafka, Spark.
- Basic working knowledge in cloud computing, and micro services architecture (kubernetes) would be an added advantage
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and reporting skills