Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
Who is the People Coordinator at Sistema.bio?
At Sistema.bio we think that People are central to our success! We call the HR team our People Team. We now need someone in Kenya to keep making it a creative and efficient department! Reporting to the Managing Director, the People Coordinator oversees all People operations in Kenya, aiming at a smooth implementation and constant improvement, as well as making sure our values and culture makes Sistema.bio a great place to work across our various offices and hubs.
You’ll be in charge of:
1. Maintaining and amplifying the Sistema.bio culture by being our culture champion, generating cohesion in the team and rituals around our values.
2. Training the team on People processes and ensuring their consistent and effective implementation from recruitment to onboarding, performance management and legal compliance.
3. Collecting, owning, and analyzing People data meticulously to suggest and implement enhancements of our processes.
4. Co-designing with the Communications team useful and efficient internal communications processes and flows to enhance employee engagement.
5. Thinking critically about talent inside and outside the organization, challenging the organization design, focusing on building efficient teams.
6. Coordinating directly with the Global People Team to ensure coherence with global People operations and share best practices.
More about YOU
1. You have a bachelor’s degree in business (or similar) with 5+ years of experience in Human Resources or People related processes
2. Proven recruitment experience from senior managers to field agents in rural areas, experience with fast-paced early-stage organizations, passion for HR and extra languages in East Africa will be an added advantage
3. You are a people’s person: you have excellent interpersonal skills, you care about people and their career development, you communicate well and are the social one in a group.
4. The People area excites you – you are convinced that it is all about talent in an organization and can build a strong argument around it, you can teach us HR processes we don’t know, and you love to network with people in the sector to be up to date on innovations.
5. You know that what we don’t measure is not proven, so you like to track data and analyze it to suggest and improve People operations.
6. You know the Kenya Employment Act by heart (almost!) and have implemented HR processes and policies in a company in Kenya for at least 2-5 years.
7. You are obsessed with time management, prioritization of tasks and the ability to manage and track multiple streams of work and report on the progress.