Amitruck is a digital logistics startup that has been voted as a top African startup
to watch in 2021. Our goal is to bring trust and transparency back to transport by connecting our clients
directly to our large network of motor bikes, pickups, vans, and trucks. We have saved our current clients
more than 30% in transportation costs and are now expanding our footprint across the region.
We are looking for talented software engineers who are passionate in building highly
scalable, state-of-art software products that give our users unparalleled experience. At Amitruck, you will
have the opportunity to work with highly experienced and passionate engineers to tackle large scale
technical problems and make a big impact. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Design and develop large, scalable enterprise and customer facing software.
- Build and secure RESTful APIs using the Java Spring Framework.
- Develop scalable Android applications.
- Develop scalable web applications using Angular TS.
- Optimize and deploy existing software for greater scalability and lower latency.
- Documents existing and new web service and Android applications for both internal and external use.
- Gathers business requirements, translating that information into detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written or configured.
- Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting and issue analysis, as well as coding, testing and implementing software enhancements.
- 4+ years of experience in a software development role.
- BSc. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms, database design and design patterns.
- Experience programming with Java 8 or newer.
Nice To Have
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming
- Experience in programming using Spring Boot and Micro services.
- Knowledge in machine learning.
- Knowledge in UI/UX design.
- Skills in DevOps, AWS cloud services, continuous integration.
- Quality Assurance skills.
- Knowledge of Rabbit MQ or similar.
Our Tech Stack
- Java Spring Boot
- Native Android
- Angular Typescript