Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
Malezi is an education technology company whose mission is data-driven improvement of learning. As part of its mission, Malezi creates books and technologies that work together to enhance how African children learn.
Our solutions span book publishing, game development and national education platform rollouts across east and west Africa. We have grown 300% YoY over the past 3 years.
We have a culture of Innovation, refusal to accept the status quo and an obsession with improving the way children of Africa learn.
We’re looking for passionate, skilled and dedicated team members to join us on our mission. If this sounds like you, please apply!
We can’t wait to meet you!
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide sound technical leadership in the development of the company's technology strategy and be the custodian of the overall technology roadmap and product development goals. Lead innovation in the use of technology to drive superior learning experiences and improve the academic performance of learners.
- Create a time-bound roadmap for product development and deployment, in close consultation with Education, Production and Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Oversee the product development lifecycle, data integrity and privacy, information security, network infrastructure and efficiency. Identify automation opportunities to improve the productivity of development while supervising system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Collaborate effectively with different functions and stakeholders to build, deploy, maintain, and upgrade products in a cohesive manner. Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Develop a robust quality assurance, data privacy and information security ecosystem
- Develop and update any necessary policies and documentation.
- Drive efficient deployment and utilization of technology budgets and resources
- Engineer cross-platform application development across different operating systems and device types with a mobile-first approach.
- Monitor key performance indicators and metrics
- Plan people requirements based on the approved product build/release plan
- Build a highly competent engineering team by identifying, recruiting and managing high quality talent that will drive the business strategy forward.
- Passionate about creating high performance engineering teams, mentoring leadership, aligning technology and product strategy to massively scale businesses in a fast paced environment.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 15 years relevant work experience at least 5 of which were spent leading development of education platforms and solutions.
- Expertise in working on the full stack, distributed systems to webapps, games and mobile development
- Experience in leading projects involving Mobile Platforms, Data Platforms, Analytics & Tracking, Business Intelligence, Discovery Commerce, Payments, Web Scale Full Stack Solutions, Enterprise SaaS Solutions, User Experience.
- Key Tech Expertise - Big Data, Distributed systems,NoSQL, Analytics, Micro Services, Web Technologies, Cloud Technologies(AWS), Mobile (iOS/Android), Enterprise Integrations.
- Proven ability to manage technology teams consisting of Development, QA, DevOps and Product Support
- Experience in managing technology vendors at different stages of the life cycle: evaluation, selection, development, appraisal, up-gradation.
- Experience in building apps with high levels of interactivity such as video streaming or gamification. Must have experience with designing solutions with a mobile-first approach.
- Knowledge and experience of Artificial Intelligence implementations including natural language processing and cognitive computing and Machine Learning.
Work Format: Office based. 1 year consultancy, renewable.