Ideas Come To Life is working on building digital infrastructure to power commerce in Africa. We are a team of passionate and committed builders that are working hard on the dream to build “A Prosperous Africa”. Check us out on www.ictlife.com
We are looking for a Senior Android developer to join our team. You will build industry changing applications aimed at a pan-African user base. You will be working along-side other team members working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating high quality, highly scalable products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, scalable and reliable Java and Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Proven experience of building high performance and scalable Android applications with a demanding user base.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
We are not looking for 9am to 5pm kind of people. Only apply if you're interested in working at a highly demanding start up where results and performance are not only highly valued but a basic requirement. You should have a long term payoff mindset, while you will get compensated at market rates, you will do very well when the start up takes off. So we are only looking for crew members who can commit to a great effort and adventure.
How to Apply
If you think you're a great fit email us with a link to your work at firstname.lastname@example.org