Application Deadline! Applications for this post are now closed
Safetek Limited is a software development company that provides transport solutions for PSVs in Kenya. We are looking for passionate, resourceful and self-driven individuals to steer our vision in building the next generation public transport solution for Kenya PSVs. We are accepting applications in the following categories
- Have two or more iOS/Android apps developed with Flutter. Either deployed on the AppStore/Google Play or available on Github;
- 3+ years in mobile software development; • 2+ year's developing Flutter applications for mobile
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs;
- Understanding of the Agile development life-cycle;
- Experience with automated testing and building;
- Experience with Git, SVN, or other version control tools;
- Proven experience in writing readable code, creating extensive documentation for existing code and refactoring previously written code
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores, and support.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs (including crashes and ANRs) to increase the functionality of the application.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Collaborate with team members (product managers, developers, designers) to brainstorm about new features and functionalities
- Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for 2 year(s)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel PHP Framework
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
- MySQL profiling and query optimization
- Creative and efficient problem solver
- AWS server knowledge will be a plus+
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
AWS Devops Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems -Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3)
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Expertise using Chef for configuration management
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration
- Experience with Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, ELK and deploying applications on AWS
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Strong bias for action and ownership